Cooking Classes

1.12.14

Baked Potato with Smoked Salmon Sour Cream

Baked potatoes are generally reserved for the hot days of summer, not these icy winter days. But I have found a way to bring the simple baked potato into the season. This smoked salmon cream cheese baked potato can be lunch, brunch or dinner. I would ever consider it for breakfast. So simple and tasty.

Oven bake foil wrapped potatoes and served with a healthy spoonful of this sour cream mixture.

Smoked Salmon with Sour Cream
1 pound hot-smoked boneless salmon, divided
3/4 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
Place half of salmon, sour cream, rind, juice and pepper in a food processor. Process until smooth. Transfer mixture to a bowl.
Coarsely chop remaining salmon, and fold into salmon mixture. Gently fold in 1/4 cup chives. Cover and chill. Garnish with additional chopped chives, if desired.

4 comments:

  1. I do a nearly identical concoction but with dill leaf where you use chives, plus a bit of chili heat. Too modest to call it pate or mousse, so it's known simply as "Bill's Salmon Goo". Feel free to steal the name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks, Bill! I think I'll pass. You will see this pop up in another post in January with slight changes but with a good cocktail.

      Delete
  2. Did you heat the salmon mixture up? It sounds delicious. It's funny, but I don't think of baked potatoes as summer food, but rather as a winter comfort food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it was a chilled sour cream mixture. So I used it just like I would use sour cream on a baked potato.

      Delete

I appreciate your comment! Please visit often.