Cooking Classes

2.10.11

The Party is Over

Culture Days / Fête de la Culture, throughout Canada, happened this past Saturday and Sunday.  One of the slogans was "I expressed my creativity on Culture Days   Fête de la Culture.

I expressed my creativity through food.  I had planned to talk about plank cooking and how to roast a red pepper.  Then I had little displays.  Two were interactive, name this flatware piece and name this spice or herb.  The other was a display of kitchen gadgets.

Since people just dropped in, I decided to just cook whatever it was that I wanted to cook.  I pulled out the sage honey I made last summer.  The honey had congealed so I placed it in warm water to liquefy it again.  I tasted.  It was heavenly.  I will be sharing it at my Spices & Herbs class on Tuesday.  I pulled out my preserved lemons to check on them.  Again, very good.  I rearranged them in the jar so they would all cure evenly.  I did roast the red peppers and put them in a marinade of olive oil, tarragon vinegar, garden tarragon and roasted garlic.  And more.

It was nice to have a leisurely day in my kitchen.  I pulled out the salmon that was in my freezer and made salmon cakes with black beans for appetizers.

It was fun to listen to people and their relationship with food and cooking.  And because my brain never stops, I am already planning my program for next year.

2 comments:

  1. I've never cooked on a plank, Sarah! Something to look forward to.

    I always find, when I'm feeling dull and out of sorts, cooking brings me back... lovely idea for culture day... hope you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By using the Today Show RSS news feed, you agree to be bound by the Today Show Terms and Conditions. Today Show reserves the right to modify these Terms of Use and the Terms of Service referenced above from time to time and without notice. Today Show reserves the right to cease offering these feeds at any time or require you to cease distributing these feeds at any time for any reason..

    Update, July 26: This story from Planet Money's Alex Blumberg and NPR's Laura Sydell aired this weekend on This American Life. (Check out TAL's "Ways to Listen" page to find how you can hear the story.) A shorter version of the piece is also airing today on All Things Considered. Here's the story.. (tags: Jordan Shoes For Sale Cheap, 2020 Jordan Release Dates, Ray Ban Sunglasses Outlet)

    I hope Candace Bushnell stays true to real life in the season finale in her final assessment of BIG and has Carrie just go back to NYC writing her column and maybe finding herself and what she wants. 2. People who ask children how they are doing in school. If you don't know the child well enough to already know the answer, why would you think it is appropriate to ask? Certainly it is fine to ask how they are enjoying school, but asking about grades is just plain rude.. (tags: Coach Outlet Store Online , Michael Kors Bags Sale, Coach Outlet Store, MK Outlet)

    Sourcing Used Mobility Scooters LocallyHowever, if a person prefers to go with the local instead of through the internet, there are still quite a lot of places that can be utilized in order to find used mobility scooters. Thrift stores are a good place to start, despite the fact that they are not guaranteed to be available there. Occasionally, there will be one or two available there and the cost is typically much lower than would otherwise be (tags: Cheap Real Yeezys, Discount Jordan Shoes Wholesale, Cheap Yeezys).

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment! Please visit often.